Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 18 of 52: Ramen Banana Dessert

I just returned from a weekend trip to Omaha and it was a blast. I enjoyed time with my mama as it was just us girls. Let's just say...we ate, we shopped, we ate, we shopped, did I mention eating and shopping! This was the leftovers from the first night in Omaha...it just got out of hand after that...hahaha.


The whole trip though, I was excited to get home to try out this recipe. I found it on the Food Network and just couldn't resist using ramen noodles for a dessert. In college, I lived on them. In fact, my husband and I still eat them when we don't feel like a heavy dinner, but love the spice of the chili-flavored ones.

I hope that the name has intrigued and not turned you off.  This turned out to be something like a rice pudding - only instead of the texture of small rice, there is the long, thin texture of a noodle. It tastes good warm, but can also be eaten ice cold.

I hope you enjoy!

Ramen Banana Dessert

Ingredients
3 packages ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
4 T unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
2/3 c sugar
1 14-oz can coconut milk, lite
1/2 c sour cream, lite
1 1/2 t almond extract
1/4 t ground cardamom
Sea Salt
1/2 c golden raisins
1/4 c crystallized ginger, chopped
2 bananas, thinly sliced - riper is better
1/4 c shredded coconut
Slivered almonds


Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8" square metal pan. Cover bottom of pan with thinly sliced bananas.

Soften ramen noodles by placing in a bowl of very hot tap water. While this is working, hand mix eggs, suagr, coconut milk, sour cream, almond extract, cardamom, and salt in a large bowl. Once the noodles are softened, drain and toss with melted butter and add to mixture. Add raisins and ginger and mix until well combined.

Pour into prepared pan. Cover with coconut and top with almonds.

Bake for 60-70 minutes until golden brown and set. Let cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.



Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/banana-coconut-ramen-pudding-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment